Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome


Hi there and thanks for joining me as I begin this new blogging journey! My passion for cooking is what has led me here! I love to cook, but mostly I love to 'create in the kitchen'! Cooking is an art and with my family, creativity is key! My husband is the pickiest eater I've ever met. Meat, potatoes and broccoli. That's about the extent of his likes. My daughter and I however, prefer the vegetarian life! This makes my job as head chef a bit challenging!

Another thing that makes my cooking a little different is my lack of structure in the kitchen! I have all of the weaknesses of a sanguine personality. I tend to be a little scatter brained and disorganized. I don't follow instructions very well either. That being said, I never use recipes and my dishes are almost always a little different! After having multiple requests for my 'recipes' and finding it near impossible to share them because I never document measurements... or even WHAT I put in everything, I decided to devise my own measuring system! Pinch and Wiggle Measurements are as follows...

A Pinch - approximately a teaspoon
A Wiggle - somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon
A Dash - just a shake or two
A Sprinkle - a good dusting all over
A Toss - grab a palm-full and toss it in
A Pour - about a 1/2 to 1 cup

Okay, so now that you get the point... please don't be intimidated! None of my 'recipes' require exactness, just let loose and get creative! Cooking, or creating as I call it, shouldn't be viewed as scary! So we all have bad days in the kitchen... we ALL do, that is part of the learning experience!

I try to do my very best at preparing fresh, healthy meals but I won't make any promises! I also never claimed to be an eloquent writer so don't say you weren't warned! My hope is to inspire others to just let loose in the kitchen and not be afraid to experiment! I also hope to gain a sort of 'diary' of my own recipes through this... so that I can remember how to make my own meals!

Let's take this journey together, for better or for worse...

2 comments:

  1. and you said you can't write....ha! This is GREAT! I look forward to many more posts. And as soon as you get a "recipe" together (or a picture book of a meal) send it my way and I'll advertise you and your blog on mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thanks Kristin!! You're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete