Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Oooiest, Gooiest, Yummiest Chocolately Chip Cookies Ever (No Seriously)


Okay... so I decided to start out with a classic. Not a healthy one but hey... I wanted to celebrate with the first recipe! These are truly the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever eat. Crisp around the edges and soft and chewy in the center, the pinnacle of chocolate chip perfection! I should know, I think I have tried just about every recipe out there! These are what my daughter would call, "Yummy-olla"!

And for my measurement fanatics out there... this one actually has EXACT measurements! I've tried 'winging it' with cookies and um, no. Doesn't work so well with baking! Enjoy because few of my recipes are this precise!

My number one tip for chocolate chip cookies (most cookies actually) is 'popping' them about halfway through the baking process. To do this, pull the cookies out of the oven somewhere near the halfway mark. Using a large metal spoon, 'pop' the tops of the cookies, causing them to fall in the center. This will ensure that you get a chewy center every time! It is a MUST! Once you learn the art of 'popping', you'll never look back, your days of crunchy cookies will be over!

The Oooiest, Gooiest, Yummiest Chocolately Chip Cookies Ever (No Seriously)

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or more if you are like me and obsess over chocolate!)

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  3. In your mixer, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a spoon. Drop cookie dough a heaping tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  4. Bake for about 10 minutes, pull out and using a large spoon, 'pop' the tops of the cookies. Put them back in for approx another 7-9 mintues or until the edges are lightly toasted.
  5. Cool (or don't and serve warm with ice cold milk) and enjoy!
And there you have it... the most amazing cookies in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Popping, huh? My dad always taught me to "slam the pan". When you pull the cookies out of the oven, slam the pan on the counter. It gets rid of the air bubbles resulting in a perfectly chewy cookie. My dad and I love slamming the pan...my mom thinks we are crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... that's awesome! Sometimes I do knock the pan but usually I bake while the little one is asleep so slamming had to turn into 'popping'! :) hehe! I like the very center to be extra chewy! Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete